[Bioclusters] OpenPBS problems

Ami Klein bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:55:49 +0100

Hi,
We have a small cluster (24 CPU) running OpenPBS on suse Linux 8.0.
We are experiencing the following problems when submitting jobs with no d=
elay=20
(or less than 3 seconds delay) between each submission the system become=20
unstable:
sometimes pbs_sched crash with out any note in it's log file.
stdout and stderr files goes to the $HOME directory (and not to the=20
~/.pbs_spool).

Should we switch to the PBSPro version?

We also need a "swap out Queue", hence low priority queue that will suspe=
nd=20
running jobs (and swap them out to the disk) incase some jobs in other qu=
eues=20
needs it's cpu. Does such feature exist under PBS system?

Thanks.

--=20
Ami Klein,
System Administrator
Division of Genetics
Institute of Animal Science and Animal Health
The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University
Email: ami@genome.kvl.dk