[Bioclusters] Multiple Sequence Alignment

Borries Demeler bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:43:37 -0600 (CST)

Sorry for this slightly off-topic question:

I need to support a bioinformatics core facility where a lot of genomics
is done under Unix. To help with alignment display and editing, I am
looking for a graphical multiple sequence alignment editor for Unix/X
capable of the following features:

* needs to be able to display hundreds of sequences
* shade by the degree of conservation
* shade by residue property (hydrophobic, acidic, etc...)
* various import formats desirable
* manually edit and save changes capabilities

What is everyone using for these purposes, recommendations?

Thanks a lot, -Borries
---
Borries Demeler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dept. of Biochemistry, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Voice: 210-567-6592, Fax: 210-567-4575, Email: demeler@biochem.uthscsa.edu