[Bioclusters] GRIDEngine set up

Ron Chen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:39:25 -0800 (PST)

--- chris dagdigian <dag@sonsorol.org> wrote:
> A non-NFS setup will complicate your
> test cluster, especially in the early stages as you
> find yourself making constant changes to queue
> configurations and various SGE settings. It will
> also  prohibit you from using the SGE failover
> features.

Actually, it is a good idea to use NFS for sharing the
qmaster spool directory among the shadow masters, and
leave the SGE installation local for all other exec
only hosts.

And I agree with Chris, start playing with SGE with
NFS setup first will save you a lot of trouble.

 -Ron

P.S. shadow master how-to:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/shadow.html