[Bioclusters] cluster hardware question

bioinfo bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:49:04 -0500

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: bioclusters-admin@bioinformatics.org
[mailto:bioclusters-admin@bioinformatics.org] On Behalf Of Kiran
Jonnalagadda
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 9:22 PM
To: bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Subject: Re: [Bioclusters] cluster hardware question

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:35, Duzlevski, Ognen wrote:
> Kiran,
>
> care to share your experiences? I am always keen on learning more so
> that I don't make the wrong decisions :)
>
> Are you a bioinformatics shop?

We're building clusters at Johns Hopkins University for Mascot, for
BLAST or a workalike, and for a Zope based protein database. I'm trying
to figure out if makes sense to have different clusters for each or a
single mega cluster.

The cluster is still just a plan so there are no experiences to share
yet. Will post here if we come across anything noteworthy.

Since none of us here are strong on the hardware side, what we're
picking off the list is invaluable knowledge. I hope we can add to it in
future.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://www.pobox.com/~jace