[Bioclusters] Mac OS X build notes for globus-2.2.2

andy law (RI) bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:23:43 +0100

Chris,

Given that globus 2 is supposed to be replaced by globus 3 in the very near future - and given that globus 3 is supposedly a major re-architecting (can you tell that I speak from a position of extreme ignorance on this topic?), is putting effort into a globus 2 port worthwhile? We've been told that we should be reading up on version 3 because it simply makes no sense to commit to anything based on 2.

Later,

Andy

Yada, yada, yada...

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the Institute.