[Bioclusters] questions with mpiBLAST

Lars G.T.Jorgensen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
08 May 2003 10:31:53 +0200

Here are some more questions about mpiBLAST.
We have a 240 node cluster where we are running different  bio-things
on...

But when I tried using mpi blast with a database of about ~120 megs
and 32 nodes it wount split the database into 6 fragments and some of
the .00 files where missing. I tried upgrading the blast tools. But
when I did that i created a file called '(null).nal' ...

Basicly I'm getting a bit tiered of Blast as a software package...

Can't someone convince NCBI to use autotools insted of csh?

--
Mvh|Regards, Lars
Graduate student
Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
http://www.diku.dk
When's the last time you used duct tape on a duct? -- Larry Wall