[Bioclusters] Suggest a stable OS for a 2 processor 4 G RAM standalone PE 4600 server

karthik viswanathan bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:04:30 -0800 (PST)

--0-156565685-1068044670=:33735

Please suggest me a stable OS for a 2 processor 4 G RAM standalone server. I planned to put RedHat 7.3 with latest smp kernel. Mostly we will be running only one program(Lucy,Genseqer) in a given time and I would like to utilize the cpu power and the disk speed (15K setup on RAID0).

Thanks
Karthik.