[Bioclusters] what are people using to mirror large ftp repositories with 2gb+ files?

James Cuff bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:59:03 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

| The 'wget' utility (Redhat 9 on a dual PIII system w/ ext3 filesystem)
| is bombing out on a few of the remote files which even when compressed
| are greater than 2gb in size.

Sorry bit late on this, UK / US time diffs :-)

Anyhoo, wget has a patch at:

http://bugs.debian.org/137989

There are lots of this kind of change:

 struct dot_progress {
-  long initial_length;		/* how many bytes have been downloaded
+  long long initial_length;	/* how many bytes have been downloaded

without the 'long long' the large numbers can't be printed correctly, this
is why you see the odd negative values.  We hit this kind of thing a lot.

Best regards,

J.

--
Dr. James Cuff
Group Leader - Informatics Systems Group