[Bioclusters] Debian cluster

Nox bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:16:58 -0400

Its Fully Automated Install
You confugure a central server,
that hosts a mirror of  a Debian system
Then via Floppy, or Network card
you have all the clients install their OS, and what not.
Works for building a beowolf cluster as well

Here is the txt guide:

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide.txt.gz

We have yet to try MPI or PVM, but hear PVM is better for cross
compatibility, currently we develop our own parralel proccessing
application, but we might for_go that and use whats availible, to free
up time on research

(Our developer is our Bioinformaticist..Dont want to tie her up
with coding non biotech apps)

Hope that helps
Thanks

Nox