[Bioclusters] SGE on Mac OS X

Chris Dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:34:25 -0400

I use SGE on OS X all the time and run it constantly on my powerbook.
The only thing that does not work for me with sge 5.3p6 is the qmon X11
app. No time to debug that yet - I'll probably have to ask the SGE dev-
list for help.

Chris -- it seems if you are having basic installation issues. Most of
the time this is caused by odd hostname resolution issues but there can
also be other causes for failed installations.

The OS X install is the same process as the Unix install. There is no
real difference except sometimes you have to jump through some hoops to
get the sge daemons to start properly on boot time.

The most useful thing for us on this list to help you out would be a
cut-and-paste of your installation attempt that specifically shows us
what you were typing and what the errors were that came back.

Without knowing exactly what happened (and where in the install/setup
process it occured) we can't be of much help.

-Chris