[Bioclusters] bio/life science cluster switch

Michael Hanulec bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:03:50 -0400 (EDT)

for its price the Nortel Networks BayStack 5510-48 cannot be beat:

http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/02/bstk/switches/baystack_5510/index.html

it has twice the port density as Cisco's 1U switches, can stack to 384
ports and has a much quicker backplane than any HP Procurve switch.

for 100 nodes you could use two 48 port and one 24 port models stacked
together.

-mike

--
hanulec@hanulec.com		cell: 858.518.2647 && 516.410.4478