[Bioclusters] Application not writing to disk with OpenMosix

T. Grzybowski bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:40:11 -0400

Question:  We are running an application called NONMEM on a small
OpenMosix cluster.  We  use the "system" call under perl (together with
"&") to spawn a few hundred tasks at a time.  Each tasks is spawned with
the present working directory set to a unique ID.  The problem is that
although the tasks seem to run OK (reading their input data running for
a while and all), the output data files (in the PWD) are empty.   I am
not using the oMFS, but relying on the home node to handle all IO.
Anyone have relevant experience with NONMEM or R who might be able to
give me a clue to the problem?

Thanks,
Thomas Grzybowski