[Bioclusters] R.I.P RPX

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Dec 23 16:24:59 EST 2004

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/23/rlx_exits_hardware/

I always thought RLX had one of the best blade server products on the
market. Mostly because I'm convinced that the real value and ROI on
blades come from the operational savings you get from good
management/monitoring/provisioning software.

Any savings you get on environmental, wiring or physical footprint with
blades can be rendered useless if you buy a chassis from a vendor that
can't get the software tools done right.

Anyway, sad to see RLX exiting the hardware business. I'll be watching
ebay to see if any good deals pop up.

-Chris