[Bioclusters] NCBI rpm?

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:42:26 -0500

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 07:36, Dan Bolser wrote:

> I usually do this (more from habit than anything else).
>
> Should the above command build from source, or should I make a binary RPM
> as you describe below? Anyway...

If you rpm -i the source, the source packages will show up in the
SOURCES directory.  If you rpm -i the binary (.i686 and similar) the
binaries should show up.

If you do install it, could you send me the output of

	rpm -ql NCBI-2.2.7

> > It might be simpler to grab
> > http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/ncbi/NCBI-2.2.7-6.i686.rpm
> > and use this if you don't need to recompile.  Please do let me know if
> > there are any issues with the build.
>
> OK
>
> uname -a
>
> Linux beagle 2.4.20-28.9 #1 Thu Dec 18 13:46:42 EST 2003 i686 athlon i386
> GNU/Linux
>
> Is this the right one?

Yes, grab that binary RPM and install.  There are few reasons why you
would want the .src rpm for this anyway.  It is a long build process,
and it generates exactly the same output (unless you have a different
compiler).