[Bioclusters] updated NCBI 2.2.9 RPMs

Doug Shubert bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:31:26 -0400

--------------020304090509080005080001

Hello Joe,
Ran your static 2.9.9.-5 build against a dynamic build from src.
results are bellow.

Please elaborate on the static compile flags you used.
Doug

SI-Static build 2.2.9-5
1,1,1564
2,2,1543
2,1,1572
3,4,3095
3,2,3097
3,3,3114
3,1,3117
4,1,796
5,1,1554
5,2,1558
6,1,789

2.2.9 src compiled dynamic
1,1,1660
2,1,1661
2,2,1665
3,2,3300
3,4,3311
3,1,3329
3,3,3329
4,1,855
5,1,1680
5,2,1682
6,1,851

Joe Landman wrote:

>Folks:
>
>  Fixed a number of problems with the spec file and with the build.
>Also set up a working static build, so you won't need the same libraries
>as I have.  Makes the binaries quite a bit larger though.  We are
>working on getting the source RPM for this and the dynamic build out
>later on today.  You can pull the latest build from
>http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/ncbi/ (as usual).
>These use the tarball as released from NCBI on 15-June.
>
>Note that this build corrects the performance problem on Opteron that
>some people had reported to us.
>
>Joe

--------------020304090509080005080001

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
Hello Joe,<br>
Ran your static 2.9.9.-5 build against a dynamic build from src.<br>
results are bellow.<br>
Please elaborate on the static compile flags you used.<br>
Doug<br>
SI-Static build 2.2.9-5<br>
1,1,1564<br>
2,2,1543<br>
2,1,1572<br>
3,4,3095<br>
3,2,3097<br>
3,3,3114<br>
3,1,3117<br>
4,1,796<br>
5,1,1554<br>
5,2,1558<br>
6,1,789<br>
2.2.9 src compiled dynamic <br>
1,1,1660<br>
2,1,1661<br>
2,2,1665<br>
3,2,3300<br>
3,4,3311<br>
3,1,3329<br>
3,3,3329<br>
4,1,855<br>
5,1,1680<br>
5,2,1682<br>
6,1,851<br>
Joe Landman wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1088533045.16839.553.camel@protein.scalableinformatics.com">
  <pre wrap="">Folks:

  Fixed a number of problems with the spec file and with the build.
Also set up a working static build, so you won't need the same libraries
as I have.  Makes the binaries quite a bit larger though.  We are
working on getting the source RPM for this and the dynamic build out
later on today.  You can pull the latest build from
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/ncbi/">http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/ncbi/</a> (as usual).
These use the tarball as released from NCBI on 15-June.

Note that this build corrects the performance problem on Opteron that
some people had reported to us.

Joe

  </pre>

--------------020304090509080005080001--