[Bioclusters] Any issues porting applications to OS X?

Susan Chacko bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:03:38 -0500

On Mar 24, 2004, at 8:05 PM, LAI Loong Fong wrote:
> On the topic on low latency interconnects, how many of you are running
> your
> clusters with such interconnets? Especially in the area of
> bioinformatics.
> We are using quadrics on one IA32 cluster and Myrinet on IA32, IA64
> and G5.
> With occasional mpi jobs that uses these interconnects, I do not see
> other
> jobs requiring it.

About a tenth of our 1000-node cluster is Myrinet-connected, and these
nodes are reserved for computational chemistry/molecular dynamics which
are the largest cpu users on our system.

Ours is a mixed-use cluster -- bioinformatics is a large percentage of
the total jobs, but a small percentage of the cpu cycles.
Then we have a large chunk of image-processing jobs, which also don't
need Myrinet.

Susan.