[Bioclusters] mpiblast problem

Jason Gans bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 03 May 2004 15:49:08 -0600

You need to install mpiblast in a location (or locations)  accessible to
all nodes. Examples include:

1) A single mpiblast binary installed on shared  storage that is visible to
all nodes via the same path (i.e. /mass/storage/device/mpiblast).

2) An mpiblast binary installed locally on each node. Note that the binary
must be in
the execution path or placed in the same relative location on each node
(i.e. /usr/local/bin/mpiblast
on each node).

I recommend using (1) for ease of updating when new versions and bug fixes
are released.

Regards,

Jason