[Bioclusters] mpiBLAST and NCBI Blast? BioseqFindFunc: couldn't uncache

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:59:07 -0400

Dan Bolser wrote:

>Basically I would like to know if I am or could be running mpiBLAST
>without knowing it, and all these bugs traceback to mpiBLAST, or if
>mpiBLAST is reporting (in the web page above) a bug which traces back to
>BLAST on multi CPU archetecture.

It is highly unlikely you are running mpiBLAST without knowing it.  What
does your command line look like?  This looks like it is a translation
bug in the lower reaches of the blast code.  mpiBLAST hits those code
sections, so it sees the bug more often than not.  The notes indicate
that it is related to using one of the -m options (for output
translation).  What does the rest of your command line look like?

>I get "blastall 2.2.8".
>

>Anybody know if this 'bug' is serious? Can I ignore it?

Hmm.  Does it impact the output data you need (actual alignment
information), or are you after parameters and computational "side
effects" (bit scores, E-values,...)

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,