[Bioclusters] mrbayes + lam-mpi/mpich + grid engine integration

Tony Travis bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:54:25 +0100

Nick Brockner wrote:

> Hi There Chris,
>
> I have been testing the limits of clustalw_mpi, and making sure the
> nexus data was good (for paup), so I have a few nexus files that are BIG
> (from 10-30 MB).  Let me know if you want some of these.

Hello, Nick.

I'm interested in what you are doing with your bioinformatics portal for
a number of reasons. First of all, I've built a COTS cluster here for
bioinformatics and I want to provide web-based access. I'd be interested
in any general advice you have about setting this up?

Second, I've been benchmarking MrBayes on our cluster and I'm interested
in clustalw_mpi. I found that MrBayes was optimal with only 4-8 nodes on
a 100Base-T network fabric. I would be interested to run your nexus
files here, and compare them with the performance of your G5 cluster.

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt@rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt