[Bioclusters] Problems with gridEngine on OS X

Randy Zauhar r.zauhar at usip.edu
Thu Apr 21 23:40:51 EDT 2005

Rayson, Chris,

Here is one problem solved - I can now at least run qconf from the
command line of my office machine (cabriolet) communicating with the
server (galapagos).

The host name for cabriolet on galapagos is fully qualified as
"cabriolet.usip.edu" - at least that is how it appears in the machines
entry of my netinfo database.

However, the command 'hostname' executed on cabriolet reported

cabriolet-usip-edu.local

(This is a default, I did not configure this.)

Explicitly setting the hostname of cabriolet -

hostname cabriolet.usip.edu

- makes everything work. This was NOT a problem in sge5.3.

Randy

E-mail:	r.zauhar at usip.edu
Web:	http://tonga.usip.edu/zauhar