[Bioclusters] SGE vs. LSF

Richard Wonka richard.wonka at web.de
Tue Aug 16 08:19:29 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am currently running sybyl, glide, flexX/flexS, FeatureTrees, LigPrep and moe using the SGE on a couple of dedicated machines
and some workstations during the off_hours. (all of which are running debian sarge)

Now Platform wants me to testdrive LSF and I'm wondering if I should put the extra work into a test setup.

I feel that SGE works well for my needs, but then, maybe LSF has some major advantage that I'm not aware of?

So:

* What  are the major differences between the two and why might I want to use LSF instead of SGE?
* Have any of You experience with either or both systems?
* If so, What are they and what are You using now?

with Greetings,

Richard