[Bioclusters] Version of Blast that run on a cluster?

Dan Roberts daniel.g.roberts at aventis.com
Thu Jan 6 14:48:49 EST 2005

Yes our Beowoulf cluster is already built and in place.  It is an
Intel/Xenon flavor and we are currently using the Tourque/Maui
batch/queuing mechanism.
We currently have several modeling codes running on this cluster.  I
imagine that for now we would have to serve the blastable files from NFS
storage via a GigaBit LAN attachement.

Items that I am wondering about may include:
1>What is the best version of Blast to run either on one single compute
node or many compute nodes at once?

2>Anyone have any direct experience in have a single Beowoulf clusters
with both 64 and 32 bit compute nodes?  What might be nice to have is
several different versions of BLAST locally installed and 32 and 64 bit
queues defined for each version.

Thanks!
Dan

PS..Bit offtopic..anyone use the AVAKI datagrid to successfully
synchronize the bucketfulls of BLAST datafiles that always seem to
accumulate!