[Bioclusters] Cluster ideas/suggestions

Nick D'Angelo ndangelo at istat.ca
Thu Jan 13 09:34:14 EST 2005

In speaking to our R and D managers, they posed a good question.

What about their desktop machines (relatively New Dell PCs), have them
automatically shutdown and reboot, say at 8:00 pm and then join the cluster
until 05:00 am.

Then at 5:00 am, initiate another reboot that will present the Windows Login
for the 'normal business day'.

This would make great use of the hundreds of computers that are mostly
sitting idle during the off hours 'normal business day'.

Thoughts, suggestions always appreciated, thanks.

Nick

In case you need to know,  I am likely going to install the BioBrew v3.x
which has just been pre-leased in Beta I believe.