[Bioclusters] RE: topbiocluster.org

James Cuff jcuff at broad.mit.edu
Fri Jun 24 15:40:14 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 12:51 -0400, William Van Etten wrote:
> James,
>
> I wanted to mention IBT (informatics benchmarking toolkit) as a
> potential extensible informatics cluster benchmarking tool.

Cool, that was actually one of the first things pointed out in my first
message.  Thanks for the clarification though Bill.  IBT could be a way
to get the portability issues nailed, I've never got the patience to
write that kinda portable code, this combined with Joe's stuff will no
doubt help out a lot.

Just for giggles, I've knocked up a dev/test/play mysql/php thingy at

http://topbiocluster.org/testdat/

to start to have a think about what things could look like if we used
the simple minded protein recipe I was blethering about in the last
message.  The data's nonsense, but as a start it gives a feel for how we
could think about presenting the data.  Right now I really quite like
the concept of wallclock/qsize/dbsize vector as a potential measure of
'bestness'.

Ok, enough for today, have a good weekend folks, and have a bit of a
think about what we should do next.

Best,

j.