[Bioclusters] mpiblast on SGI Altix

Jan van Haarst jvhaarst at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:28:38 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:39:29 -0500, Joe Landman
<landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:
> It should.  Basically mpiblast partitions the input and the databases.  NCBI
> blast could use partitioned databases.  NCBI threads each search, rather than
> across searches that MPIblast does.

On the risk of going completely offtopic, does anybody know more on
this _very_ intersting article ?
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~xma/pubs/pioblast.pdf

In it Heshan Lin, Xiaosong Ma, Praveen Chandramohan, Al Geist, and
Nagiza Samatova of NCSU & ORNL describe their way of making mpiBLAST a
lot faster.

No code available yet I think, but it would be nice to know whether
people think this research has any change to get integrated into
mpiBLAST.

--
Dag,
Jan