[Bioclusters] About an Xserve cluster

Carlos Lopez Nataren natorro at fisica.unam.mx
Wed May 11 17:01:44 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 20:20 +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:
> On 11 May 2005, at 7:41 pm, Carlos Lopez Nataren wrote:
>
> > I've found very frustrating to configure even the ethernet cards, I use
> > one real IP address, then I configure the second card to use the
> > configuration as follows:
> >
> > IP: 192.168.0.1
> > Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
> > Router: 192.168.0.1
> > DNS Server: 192.168.0.1
> Well, that certainly doesn't look right.  You're configuring the
> interface to use send all packets destined for the subnet to itself,
> and also telling it that itself is the DNS server.  Of course it's
> going to go silent on you.  :-)

I'm using the parameter that the manual says, I've even used
192.168.0.254 as the router, the DNS is that way because I configured it
to use the DNS server that comes with the mac, I think it works that
way, because if I don't use it that way the NFS server won't start.

--
Carlos Lopez Nataren <natorro at fisica.unam.mx>
Instituto de Fisica, UNAM