[Bioclusters] Fast HMMer and BLASTN code

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Nov 16 11:21:00 EST 2005

Hi folks:

   I want to announce that we appear to have the fastest HMMer and
BLASTN builds and benchmarks for AMD Opteron architecture machines.  Our
HMMer benchmarking gives us a 2x advantage over the commonly downloaded
binaries, and 2.5x on some customer tests.  The blastn binaries give us
about 22-24% advantage over the code downloadable from NCBI.

   These builds are immediately available from Scalable Informatics and
our partners.  Please contact us offline for more information.  Some
benchmark snapshots may be seen at http://www.scalableinformatics.com .

   Joe

ps: while we are at SC'05, you can see our blog/comments at
http://scalability.org and our photos at http://photos.scalability.org .

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO