[Bioclusters] blat and hmmer on some architectures?

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:44:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

Our lab is starting to test several server architectures by compiling
and timing programs like blast, blat and hmmer. The setups are Darwin,
regular i686, Intel's and AMD's X86_64 and IBM's ppc64.

I've found that blat only has the i686 machine type as a compilation
option - not x86_64, and of course not Darwin or ppc64. Hmmer is smarter
better - it only lacks support for ppc64 (it has plain ppc though). Does
anyone know if it's possible to compile blat and hmmer on these
architectures?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson