[Bioclusters] Restarting qmaster

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Dec 28 18:05:37 EST 2006

I'm not sure what happened to your  official SystemStarter scripts
but the best workaround is to just use the actual SGE startup scripts
themselves -- they will be called "sgemaster" and "sgeexecd".

You can find these in $SGE_ROOT/<cell>/common/

If your cell is the usual "default" then all you need to do is:

# cd $SGE_ROOT/default/common/

# ./sgemaster start
# ./sgeexecd start

Before you restart the master, make sure you don't have any old
sge_qmaster or sge_schedd processes hanging around.

Regards,
Chris