[Bioclusters] FPGA in bioinformatics clusters (again?) Ref: Crayand SGI

andy law (RI) andy.law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 06:52:37 EST 2006

Tim et al.,

<stuff about SGI business model and users snipped>

> That's my logic.  If free market economics was allowed to
> have its way, everyone would be right and SGI would collapse
> almost immediately.  But they have powerful friends.

With respect Tim, this *is* free market economics isn't it? NSA and GCHQ
are buyers just like everyone else and they are prepared to pay the
asking price, wether that be direct costs or indirect 'support'.

Later,

Andy

Yada, yada, yada...

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.