[Bioclusters] Assembly programs

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Jul 6 19:41:15 EDT 2006

Have not had time time to dig into this further but I'm pulling these
app names from notes I had taken during a recent conversation about
assembly with someone ...

The person was a current heavy user of "CAP3" on a 32GB Solaris/sparc
system and was looking at a program called "PCAP" as a way of running
across a cluster since the 32GB memory machine was no longer
performing well on large assembly problems. Also mentioned repeatedly
as a possible parallel-and-low-memory-requirements alternative was EULER

CAP3: http://www.genome.org/cgi/content/full/9/9/868

PCAP and CAP3 seem to be from the same authors but the main website
cited by google seems to be down at the moment.

EULER looks pretty interesting and seems to live here:
http://nbcr.sdsc.edu/euler/

-Chris