[Bioclusters] OT: GCG DVDs

George Magklaras georgios at ulrik.uio.no
Mon Mar 27 05:50:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I have never faced this problem on a Linux x86_64 Dell PowerEdge 1850
wearing a
'hda: TEAC CD-ROM CD-224E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive'

If it is not a media error induced by your drive (and probably it is not
if you see it with many boxes), it depends on the session level encoding
they use to create the DVD's. On the Linux side, what kernel/distro and
DVD drive are you wearing?

George B. Magklaras

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX Systems Administrator
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://www.biotek.uio.no/

EMBnet Norway: http://www.biotek.uio.no/EMBNET/