[Bioclusters] hmmer 2.3.2 package for Debian stable

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu May 18 06:15:26 EDT 2006

On 18 May 2006, at 10:07 am, Ivan Rossi wrote:

> Hello biocluster,
>   some time ago, for BioDec internal use, we packaged the most
> recent version of hmmer (2.3.2) for the i386 and amd64 sarge
> release of Debian.
>
> Since it is working without any problem on our machines, and the
> official HMMER
> package included in debian is now 5 years old (release 2.1.4), we
> are putting
> our unofficial package on our public repository so that other
> Debian HMMER
> users may take advantage of it.
>
> If you are interested in having a look to what we did, you can find
> everything
> at: http://www.biodec.com/opensource/debian
>
> otherwise, put the two following lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb http://www.biodec.com/opensource/debian sarge main
> deb-src http://www.biodec.com/opensource/debian sarge main

Who's the maintainer of the Debian version?  Have you approached them
about adopting it?  Debian has an MIA procedure for developers who
are neglecting packages, and you can forcibly take them once that
procedure has been gone through.  If you're not a Debian Developer,
you can still become a maintainer, you'll just need a real Debian
Developer (e.g. me) to sponsor you and perform uploads on your behalf.

Tim