[Bioclusters] RE: split database with blast

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Nov 28 12:17:18 EST 2006

Is top-posting allowed here?

I believe NCBI does this as well.  I recall talking to them about this when
I visited their facilities once.  Have you tried emailing ncbi-helpdesk?
Someone their should be able to tell you what parameters you need to use to
calculate the correct e-value.  bl2seq allows you to set a theoretical db
size, so I'm sure blast will allow you to as well.

Ryan