[Bioclusters] Bioinformatics/computational biology focused benchmarks?

Greenseid, Joseph M. Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Wed May 23 10:02:10 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the bioinformatics arena of high performance computing.  I am a computer guy, who has done HPC in areas like CFD, Earth/Space sciences, stuff like that.

I have been asked to investigate bioinformatics (as in put together a system and team up with a computational biologist to do some work on it), and I have a system that I would like to play around with, but I was wondering if there were any useful benchmarks that I could run that would mean something to someone in this field if they saw the results -- something akin to HPL or HPCC for traditional supercomputing numbers.

Thanks,
--Joe