[Bioclusters] hadoop, bioinformatics and amazon web services (recorded talk online)

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Dec 2 14:34:03 EST 2009

FYI:

"one of our own" - Deepak Singh who went from life science to
evangelizing Amazon's EC2/AWS products gave a talk on hadoop and
bioinformatics at a recent NYC Hadoop meeting.

Long link:
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/12/02/hadoop-world-hadoop-for-bioinformatics/

Short link to the same URL:
  http://bit.ly/7JKta8

For me the interesting stuff is hadoop as I'm still getting my head
around the pros and cons of mapReduce-style methods.

Overall though the talk is well done and I'm probably going to be
passing the link around to people generally interested in "IT challenges
for life science" as his talk does cover a lot of good
background/process info.

-Chris