[Biophp-dev] BOSC 2003 Brisbane

Serge Gregorio biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:36:13 +0800

Hello all!

> it seemed to work... Putty is at
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ )

Yeah, I've got Putty on my machine at my old place (which I get to use once every two weeks), but it's configured for SF.  In between, I log on at a net cafe (like right now).  That's mon petit problem...

>Do you have any code updates that need to go in?  In >particular, has the core seq object code been >changed at all since last update?

I've got lots of code here, but haven't found the time to organize them.  There are a few modifications to the Seq object, but nothing I'd call major really.  I'm contemplating posting them as HTML while I'm away from my CPU with WinCVS and Putty.

>Yeah, how'd that go?  And what does it cost to >attend - maybe next year one or more of us can go >and do a presentation using what by then ought
>to be quite a useful set of code...

Hehe, yeah, that would be nice...

>> The only bad thing is that words like
>> BIOPHP [emphasis mine] pop up.
>> What happened to Biopython.  Dueling it out
>> PHP versus Python. Whoah, this is really
>> degenerating. I need a better filter on my brain.

> ("Dueling it out?"  No more so than Perl vs
> Python....) I'll refrain from commenting on their
> grammar...

The image that comes to mind by reading the above is that some people engaged in some debate on the merits of using PHP vs Python for bioinformatics.  So what really happened, Greg?  =)

Cheers!

Serge

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com