[Biophp-dev] parser news

biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:30:43 PDT

Just finished reworking the parser class.  Methods move_Next() is now
called next() and method move_Previous() is called prev().  I propose to
use these names in all methods that 'walk' through records.

The Genbank parser has been reworked substantially to deal with a couple
of apparently non-standard genbank like files.

I still have to rename the parser class.  Also,I do want to shorten the
names of the individual parser files (from
parsers/parse_genbank_class.inc.php to parsers/genbank.inc.php).

Next up is a 'raw' parser, which will be used to feed everything that was
not autodetected to be something specific.

And then the SeqIO_write class....

How is the rest of the code coming about?  Is there now a single cvs
repository that we all use?

Best,

Nico