[Biophp-dev] parser news

Serge Gregorio biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:58:23 +0800

Frankie: I've forwarded your query re: traceback algo's
to a friend of mine who's an "expert" on this... I'm still waiting for this reply...

Nico, welcome back...

>Just finished reworking the parser class.  Methods move_Next() is now
>called next() and method move_Previous() is called prev().  I propose to use these names in all methods that 'walk' through records.

Duh?  It has always been named next() and prev()
in the original GenePHP code.  I don't know why
we have to rename things, esp. in the direction
of short to long.

>The Genbank parser has been reworked substantially to >deal with a couple of apparently non-standard genbank >like files.

Hmmm... are you referring to the CODATA format?

>How is the rest of the code coming about?  Is there >now a single cvs repository that we all use?

Ummm... while you were away, I was learning about bioinfo.org's facilities.  I'll come out with (my) verdict in a week or two.

Btw, would you have any idea on how to best organize
and store these sections in a PDB file?

REMARK N
ANISOU                      SIGUIJ
HETATM