[Genquire-users] problem viewing contigs

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:19:30 -0600

Danny Yoo wrote:

> Yes, I can finally click on contigs and see things.  Finally!  *grin*

Yay!  Go Danny!!  Go TAIR!!  I hope, after all this, that you find it
useful...

Would you be willing to donate your experiences to the documentation to help
others?  After almost two years coding this monstrosity it is difficult to be
objective about what is clearly written and what is lacking.  As soon as the
docs are in satisfactory shape I'm going to zip-up the current state (before
we break it again!) and send a manuscript in to bioinformatics as an
application note.  The manuscript is sitting here on my desk ready to go, but
I don't think the documentation is quite up to snuff yet - your insights
would be extremely valuable!

Best wishes to Sue, Mark, Lukas, Eva, Margarita, & Leonore (if she is still
lurking around there),

P.S.  Danny, the next step is to code your own TAIR-DB adaptor layer to get
Genquire working directly off of your own database schema!!  It wont take
more than a couple of days, I promise!    ;-)      ;-)

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group