[Genquire-users] Re: genquire

Danny Yoo dyoo@acoma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:19:19 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Brian Haas wrote:

> I haven't touched the Genquire stuff in a while, but it looks like
> you've made some terriffic progress.
>
> Any chance you could help me get up to speed?

Sure; let me forward this to the genquire-users mailing list too.

> I've created the mysql database and I can launch genquire successfully
> up to the point of getting a login window.  There's no actual data in
> the database, so I don't have any organisms to select from or
> anything.  When I click on 'Begin with these settings', I get an error
> "Can't call method "latin" on an undefined value at GenquireINIT.pm
> line 231'.

It sounds like it's breaking within GenerateQueryScreen --- that's the
only place I see that refers to a 'latin' function call.  I don't believe
Genquire will work until we input a data source into it.

I used the 'Admin/bulk_parse_contigs.pl' script to import the TIGR XML
files into the database.  I ran 'Admin/bulk_base_contigs.pl', and then the
'Admin/add_tiling_path.pl' preparation script.  Afterwards, Genquire was
able to read the data source, and things started to work.