[ghemical-devel] Re: Ghemical and haptics

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:25:29 +0300 (WET)

> > nanomanipulation. We have this PHANTOM haptic device and we plan to
> > extend the application of this to molecular modeling.
> >
> > CanGhemical be used for this? You mention that Ghemical is a molecular
> > modelling software package with=A0 some nice 3D-visualization tools. Th=
> > phantom device comes with the 3D-visualization package.

Hello. An intersting idea.  :)

The starting points would be, I guess, to find and install some sort of
device drivers to a Linux system for this device. Then, one should find
what kind of programming library or API is available for the device, then
perhaps make some small test programs. Once all this is done, one would
have good positions to start planning applications in molecular modelling
(as well as any other applications) for the device.

Regards,

=09Tommi