[ghemical-devel] mopac7 package release candidate 1

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:08:34 +0200 (WET)

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jean Br=E9fort wrote:

> Just one very minor concern. configure does not test for libf2c
> presence.

Hello,

in the configure.in file I found this set of commands:

=09# Checks for libraries.
=09AC_CHECK_LIB([m], [acos])
=09AC_CHECK_LIB([g2c], [main], ,
=09=09# If not found, try -lf2c:
=09=09AC_CHECK_LIB([f2c], [main], ,
=09=09=09# Still not found, drop out:
=09=09=09AC_MSG_ERROR([Cannot find either g2c or f2c library])
=09=09)
=09)

This seems to first check for libg2c library, and then if not found check
again for libf2c library. Do you think this check is correct? It seems to
me that the g2c library version is installed with the fortran compiler
g77. Mixing using g2c instead of f2c has worked for me so far.

Regards,

=09Tommi