[Molvis-list] Structural alignment of alpha carbons?

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Tue Jan 4 16:17:46 EST 2005

Can someone please tell me how to align a selected subset of atoms in two
PDB file models that contain only alpha carbon atoms? Normally I do
structural alignments in DeepView, but it seems to reject alpha-carbon-only
models. Is there free software for Windows (or a server) that can align
alpha-carbon only models? Or will someone kindly volunteer to do a single
alignment for me?

Thanks, -Eric

----
Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA US
http://www.umass.edu/molvis/martz