[Molvis-list] adding hydrogens to a pdb file

Ilan Samish ilan.samish at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Jan 19 04:37:31 EST 2005

We did an extensive check on the accuracy of adding hydrogens. Seems that
the best software is the one by the Richardson group called REDUCE
(downloadable). See web interface within the molprobity online package:
http://kinemage.biochem.duke.edu/molprobity/index-king.html

We are currently collaborating with the Richardson lab in developing an
easier web interface / "PDB-with-H database" solely for this long-needed
issue.

Hope this helps,

ilan

________________________
Ilan.Samish at weizmann.ac.il
Plant Sciences Department
Weizmann Institute of Science
Tel: 972 8 934 4300
Fax: 972 8 934 4181
Mobile: 972 52 3321150
Co-organizer of 3Dsig -
Annual Structural Bioinformatics meeting
http://3Dsig.weizmann.ac.il/
3Dsig at weizmann.ac.il