[Molvis-list] Protein Explorer 2.72 Released

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Sun Feb 20 23:43:38 EST 2005

Protein Explorer (PE) 2.72 Alpha has been released and supercedes version
2.71. This upgrade improves Presentations in PE (PiPEs). Multiple PDB files
can be employed for the buttons in a single control panel
("Chapter"), and popup details are implemented. Both are demonstrated in
the Template provided for building new PiPEs.

Full details on the enhancements can be seen by clicking on the version
number at the FrontDoor, then on the link "Complete, Detailed Version
History", or going directly to
http://www.umass.edu/microbio/chime/pe_alpha/protexpl/vers_pe.htm#versionhistory

To get PE 2.72, go to proteinexplorer.org and click on the magenta link
near the top of the FrontDoor.

PE 2.72 is downloadable for Windows. (I have not yet gotten sufficient
access to my Mac to fix the bug that precludes PiPE function on Macs.)

If anyone has already built PiPEs with 2.71 and wants instructions on how
to move them into 2.72, please inquire by email.

Sincerely, -Eric Martz

/* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Protein Explorer - 3D Visualization: http://proteinexplorer.org
Workshops: http://www.umass.edu/molvis/workshop
Biochem Structure Tutorials http://MolviZ.org
World Index of Molecular Visualization Resources: http://molvisindex.org
ConSurf - Find Conserved Patches in Proteins: http://consurf.tau.ac.il
Atlas of Macromolecules: http://molvis.sdsc.edu/atlas/atlas.htm
PDB Lite Macromolecule Finder: http://pdblite.org
Molecular Visualization EMail List (molvis-list):

Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
U Mass, Amherst MA US  413-545-2325/FAX 413-545-2532
               http://www.umass.edu/molvis/martz