[Molvis-list] rasmol "Unable to find RasMol help file!"

Zhenting Gao zhentg at mail.shcnc.ac.cn
Thu May 26 10:25:26 EDT 2005

Hi  Dan,

If you set the RASMOLPATH like this in ".cshrc",
    setenv RASMOLPATH "your_path"

There should be no problem.

I tried this in both linux and unix, and it is ok.
Do be aware what shell you are using.

If you are using bash, then the right form is
    export RASMOLPATH="your_path"

>Ahhh... I just found it!
>

>http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/RasMol_2.7.2.1.1/INSTALL.html
>
>"5) Install rasmol.hlp as /usr/local/lib/rasmol/rasmol.hlp (or at a
> loctaion indicated by the environment variable RASMOLPATH)."
>

>Although copying rasmol.hlp to the above location does not help, and
>nither does setting $RASMOLPATH! Still "Unable to find RasMol help file!".
>

>Any suggestions?
>
>Dan.
>
>http://www.google.com/search?&q=%22Unable%20to%20find%20RasMol%20help%20file!%22

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =