[Molvis-list] protein visualisation

Dr. Christoph Gille christoph.gille at charite.de
Fri Sep 8 03:45:19 EDT 2006

the swiss-viewer allows simple homology modelling by replacintg the AA in the
homologous 3D structure by the AA of your sequence.

It does also some energy minimization.

However, the general shape of the backbone will be that of the homologous 3D
structure and not the exact (yet unknown) 3d-backbone of your protein.
Therfore it works only if they are not too dissimilar.