[Molvis-list] protein visualisation

Diana Irwin di12 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 8 09:54:22 EDT 2006

Dear Phil,
You can send your amino acid sequence (do not include the period at
the end) to swiss model.
http://swissmodel.expasy.org//SWISS-MODEL.html
It will use a blast program to match your protein to proteins with
known structures.  You will receive a file via email containing your
sequence and any matches swiss model can find.  This file can then be
opened from within Swiss PDB Viewer and you will see all of the files
of all the relavent sturctures in the control panel window.  If you
are new to Swiss PDB Viewer it is important and well worth the time
to work the tutorials from Gale Rhodes. This very sophisticated and
useful program works well with PCs and Macs and it is FREE!

Diana Irwin