[Molvis-list] Protein Explorer vs. DNA, IE7, Chime SP7

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Mon Oct 8 16:08:51 EDT 2007

Dear Protein Explorer Users:

During recent months, several issues have arisen that complicate use
of Protein Explorer (PE). Internet Explorer 7 was released, Chime 2.6
SP7 was released, and all PDB files have been remediated by the
Protein Data Bank, making most displays of DNA fail in PE.

Fixing these issues will require more time. Therefore today I have
provided a new "Protein Explorer Advisory" page
(http://proteinexplorer.org) which provides solutions for the interim.

In particular, for DNA-containing PDB files released before August 1,
2007, I have provided a convenience form for downloading unremediated
PDB files.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to email me directly.
Generally, I am getting very little feedback from users -- more will
likely be useful.

-Eric

/* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
U Mass, Amherst -- http://www.umass.edu/molvis/martz

Top Five 3D MolVis Technologies http://MolviZ.Org/top5.htm
Biochem 3D Education Resources http://MolviZ.org
See 3D Molecules, Install Nothing! - http://firstglance.jmol.org
Protein Explorer - 3D Visualization: http://proteinexplorer.org
Workshops: http://workshops.proteinexplorer.org
World Index of Molecular Visualization Resources: http://molvisindex.org
ConSurf - Find Conserved Patches in Proteins: http://consurf.tau.ac.il
Atlas of Macromolecules: http://atlas.proteinexplorer.org
PDB Lite Macromolecule Finder: http://pdblite.org
Molecular Visualization EMail List (molvis-list):